Sunday, October 5, 2014

Episode Reaction: Magic Kaito 1412 (まじっく快斗) Episode 1 – Great Set-Up Episode

Initially I watched Magic Kaito 1412 really late at night (or early, depending on how you see it), at around 2 in the morning, I saw that episode one of Magic Kaito had come out. The moment I saw it, I just became giddy as hell and immediately watched the episode. Since it was already late, I decided to go to bed and apparently forgot to write an episode reaction post. Sorry, guys. ^^;

But anyway, on to talking about the episode! As I've said before, I watched the series this is based off of, Detective Conan, and a few specials of Magic Kaito. So I'd say I have a pretty good amount of knowledge about what's to come. Of course, since the manga and specials didn't end the story, I'm really hoping this wraps the whole plot up. (PLEASSSSEEEEE!)
The story focuses on Kaito Kid, a phantom thief who would go around stealing gems. However, one day he died and the heists stopped immediately afterward. Some years later, Kuroba Kaito, the son of the original Kaito Kid, comes across his father's secret room where the outfit is hidden. He learns that his father was actually murdered by unknown people and he decides to go search for those killers. There's actually another plot line, but I think it will be revealed in either episode two or three.
So for characters, we got around five that are focused on. Our main character, of course, is the aforementioned Kuroba Kaito, a mischievous magician who always teases his childhood friend using magic tricks, but has a hilarious fear of fish revealed at the end of the episode.
I'd be terrified too if a fish that's been sliced up was still moving.
Aoko, that childhood friend who hates having to deal with her friend's bullcrap. Kaito's mom, a woman who always does things at her own pace. The former butler who we see later on in the episode. And the former Kaito Kid, Kaito's father. From what I can make of it, he supposedly died accidentally when he failed to escape from chains as he was going toward a flaming building on top of a roller coaster (yeah, don't ask).

I'll be honest, the animation really puts me off, especially when compared to the Detective Conan/Magic Kaito episodes. I know I'll get used to it eventually, but for now it's just . . . weird. I think this is due to the fact that the animation studio is different: Detective Conan and the original Magic Kaito are done by TMS Entertainment, while this is being done by A-1 Pictures. But hey, I've seen far worse this season *cough, cough*World Trigger *cough, cough*
Before..................................and after.
I can't remember a lot of the OST, but the one that really stuck out to me was the jazzy one during a flashback scene of Kaito's father. If you know me, then you know I love jazz music (like the ones in Cowboy Bebop). I enjoyed listening to the OP and ED songs, but the latter is more stuck in my mind than the former. Also, it was just bizarre to see the OP play midway through the episode, lol.

Anyway, this is definitely my most hyped show, followed by Yona of the Dawn. Hopefully this show will satisfy me all the way to the end. And with that, take care, otakus!

No comments:

Post a Comment