Saturday, October 4, 2014

Episode Reaction: World Trigger (ワールドトリガー) Episode 1 – HxH Vibes

Next up in the fall 2014 season, World Trigger! What an interesting first episode we have here. I like the slow-pacing of it, as it's setting up the world for us really well. The Neighbors, or aliens, are really interesting creatures, looking like white centipedes if they were a hundred times bigger and had both sharp teeth and human teeth. There was also another type of Neighbor introduced in the first episode, but saying what it is would be a spoiler, so I'll keep quiet about it.

Two of our main characters have been introduced in-depth, the other making only a short appearance. Those two would be Glasses-kun and White Hair Dude. Sorry, sorry, I am awful at remembering a character's name right after seeing episode one. Glasses-kun (boy do we have a lot of Glasses-kuns this season) is a seemingly calm and cool dude, but he's also very observant. While seeming like a badass, he is actually very weak, which got a little chuckle out of me. White Hair Dude, on the other hand, while he may seem short and childish, he is actually very powerful and badass.

I really got the Hunter x Hunter vibes while watching this episode. This may stem from the fact that White Hair Dude reminds me of Killua, a fellow white-haired kid from HxH. But I also got the vibes from just the world building itself, which I found very intriguing. I'm very interested in learning more about Triggers and the Neighbors and whatnot, so I will be following this show very close.

I'm not sure how many episodes World Trigger will be, but I think about 20 episodes will suffice for the story it's setting up to be. Unless, of course, it's going to be a two-parter, with the first half setting up everything and then ending it on a massive cliffhanger, then continuing the second part in a later season. Regardless, I'm looking forward to what more this anime has to offer. And with that, take care, otakus!

No comments:

Post a Comment